Mon 23 February 2009
~1 min read
Filed under frugal
Though I don’t follow any religion I have had a lot of Christian influences in my life (has to do with where I live(d)). Growing up we had Carnival (which shows I grew up down south) and only later I learned this proceeded Lent. Ever since the concept of Lent has intrigued me, not from a religious point of view but more from the challenge point of view.
Lying awake in bed thinking about that and my current situation, I’ve decided to participate. I will give up frivolous spending and TV for Lent under the following conditions:
- I read Lent is about fasting but Sunday doesn’t count.
- I will fast on TV shows except on Sunday when I can watch all I want.
- I will postpone watching that Grey’s Anatomy episode till the next Sunday and nobody will give me spoilers!
- I will go for one dim sum lunch on Sunday march 15.
- Boyfriend and mother have their birthday, will spend some money on that as well as the birthing day of my sister’s child (not frivolous IMHO).
- I will not spend money on anything else unplanned unless absolutely necessary, which means no booze, no craft supplies, no ‘fun’ stuff, no iPhone apps, no online ordering. Yes to medical things for me and Nano that can’t wait.
As far as I know I’ll start wednesday, which is exactly payday. It’s a sign ;-)