Six years ago I purchased a wormbin and fed the wrigglers my kitchenscraps. Due to health-problems (not sleeping well) they got ignored for the past year or two. Occasionally I’d feed them but most of the time I simply forgot about them.
Now that I started sleeping better I decided to revive the bin. Despite all the neglect, some worms actually survived. I found about 20 wrigglers and a few eggs. Once I picked them out I added a small bit of food to the bin to lure the once I missed. After a day or three, none has shown so I think I got them all.
The worms lived in a small container for a day while I prepared their new home. I got a few Klämtare boxes and used my drill to drill some holes. For the lower container I used a 2mm drill, for the top one 6mm.
I added some newspaper to the bottom to prevent instant fall through and then I added hydrated coconut fiber to that.
After that the worms moved in. I haven’t added breather holes to the lid yet because it doesn’t close very tight.
The worms seem happy, they immediately started eating the courgette I put in.
To make sure they can process the amount of scraps I produce, I purchased 150gr of extra worms. It would take a really long time to have them reproduce up to that point.
Not entirely sure about the size of the box but if needed, I’ll move them to a bigger home.